Twitter

Follow EddieTheGiant25 on Twitter

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

No title

Sometimes I do feel like just giving up and saying f*ck It! Let things be how they are. People get rewarded for wearing fake masks and pretending to be what they want you to see. I have never been one to kiss ass to get ahead. I have always tried to do what I want to do and decline when there are things that I don't want to do.
I know it's hard for some people to imagine, I know it's hard for people not to play the game and be like everyone else. But that is where I am different. I recognize the effort that people put in to what they are doing, I recognize that the best way for someone to appreciate what you do for them, is to show them that you appreciate what they do, not only for you, but for the process.
At the end of the day people want public recognition,  they strive for it, the crave it. I really don't care about it. I know what I do, why I do what I do and that is enough for me. I don't care about being thanked by people who weren't there, I appreciate the thanks that I get from the people that I shared the experience with.
I try to remind people to know their worth and to take charge and take credit for what they do. Not to let others take credit for their accomplishments. I try to stand up for what is right, I try to be who I am at all times. I don't have time to play games, but if that is what others like to do, then more power to them.
It may take me a bit longer to get where I want to be, but at least at the end of the day I will get there without compromising my integrity and who I am. That is something that I hope I can pass on to my kids. I really hope that one day they will see that it is a whole heck of a lot easier to face that man in the mirror when you do things the right way. That is why I refuse to change who I am. I just continue to be me and I will see you on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment