Twitter

Follow EddieTheGiant25 on Twitter

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Thursday

Morning:
Well, like I said in my previous post. My Dad finally let go and that was ordeal. I helped my Aunt get my Dad ready for the casket. We got him dressed in his uniform and placed him in the casket. Now, more work to do. Have to clear the house for the viewing.
About to get some rest. It's almost 4 in the morning here. In a few I will get up and move more things out.
Well, I didn't. I stayed in the room and let the maid clean up and someone came to haul things out of here. Just finished showering. Waiting for Elmira to visit.
There like a lot going on here. The firefighters are putting up a canopy, we set up the cross and they sent a floral arrangement and it's really too much, coming too fast.

Afternoon:
Had lunch and Elmira came by with her kids, parents and uncle. We had a good time, talking and catching up. Had a fun conversation with Ale. Finally met Edgard and William. They are good kids, going to see if we bring the boys over for some time to hang out with their family.

Nighttime:
The viewing has started and people have been filtering in. It's hard, I don't know most of these people and I don't know who was actually good to my Dad and who took advantage of him. I'm just sitting here haveling some Toña's and just trying to enjoy the last night with my Dad's vessel. I video chatted with my wife and the boys. Javi asked where Grandpa was, I again told him he was still sleeping, that he was sick. He said ok. Going to see how I break it to him when I get back.
On Toña number 6. Good buzz, helping me deal with the people coming in. I cannot be certain of the sincerity or if they are full of it. The beer in me is telling the latter of the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment