Twitter

Follow EddieTheGiant25 on Twitter

Monday, April 15, 2019

Monday

Morning:
Up early to go to the hospital to get an update. When we come back it's shower time.
Well, the update wasn't ideal. Now the doctor is saying that the recovery will be longer and that basically my Dad will be in a vegetative state. He would need an oxygen machine and a care taker to do physical activities with him while he is in bed. This is not what they told me yesterday. We signed a DNR form and eventhough we know that was what my Dad wanted, my sister is feeling bad and judged. But you know what? Fu*k them! We know what my dad wants and we will make it happen for him.
When we are kids our parents make the tough decisions for us. As adults,  we make the tough decisions for them.
I had to call my brother to tell him. I didn't want to, I thought it should wait until after he got off of work, but my mom said to do it now.
After that we went to the bank, to change money and to get some items for lunch. Now we are back home, waiting for 2.

Afternoon:
Finally took a shower. Rested up a bit. We looked through some paperwork and found somethings that we may need to help with the proof that my Dad is the owner of the house. The lawyer our cousin brought is supposed to be on the way over and after we go see my Dad.

Nighttime:
Man oh man, I can't with this place. They finally moved my Dad to a private room after forcefully making this happen. When we got to the room, it looks like my Dad is being kept alive by the oxygen and food tube, which is what my Dad did not want. He is in a vegetative state and he did not want that. We told the doctor to take out the tube and the oxygen, she said ok. We called Will, Alexia, Charles and my Mom so they can say their final words to my Dad and they did. Then after all that another doctor says nope.
So we spent all that emotion and stress and nothing to help my Dad. My sister stayed in the hospital and I came home. Going to get rest and go back in the morning. I said good bye to my Dad just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment