Twitter

Follow EddieTheGiant25 on Twitter

Saturday, January 13, 2018

A Hero of God, beyond praise

August 19, 2017 my wife and I welcomed Gabriel Antonio Narvaez to our family. We had our second son and Javi had his new tag-team partner, we went from 3 to 4.
We decided early on that we would like to have the birth at the Kaiser hospital in Redwood City. We did the tour and were satisfied with what we saw. Our first son was born at Kaiser in San Francisco, we enjoyed that facility, but we wanted to have a little more privacy and comfort (and better parking).
I had tickets to go see Marvel's live action show that afternoon for me and Javi, but Gabriel decided to run a little interference on my plans, so I asked my sister to take him.
We left the house early and by 8 am her water broke, the staff was really nice. The birthing room was spacious and very comfortable. Gabriel was out by 4:45 pm the same day. My wife did an incredible job again during labor. She was very strong and I am very proud and in awe of her strength.
When Javi found out his brother was out, my sister said he was giggling and nervous. When they first met he had a big smile and was giggling along side his baby brother.

I was doing some research on his name, now to be honest I did not select either name for him. I had two other names in mind that were important to me and held special meaning,  however they were dismissed and I removed myself from the naming process.
So it turns out that one of the meanings for Gabriel is 'A Hero of God ' or 'A messenger of God' which is fitting as in the bible it is the angel Gabriel that informs Mary that she will bear the son of God. Antonio, which happens to be my middle name as well,  means 'beyond Praise' or 'worthy of praise' and that wonderful child and his dimples when he smiles get him a lot of praise.
In the end, I think his name fits him. Right now, depending on who you ask and which one of us they know,  people will say he looks like me or my wife. But I personally think that he looks like his own person already.
I really am very lucky and truly blessed to have a second healthy son. We are all doing great. My wife and I are ready to shape these two boys into men.

No comments:

Post a Comment