Twitter

Follow EddieTheGiant25 on Twitter

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

end of an era... a new chapter begins

So today (10/11/20) we learned that our offer on the house in San Lorenzo was accepted and we are now in the process of closing out the terms and becoming home owners. I am very happy about that as this is one of the last goals that Ulisa and I had to do, but at the same time I am sad and scared about the move.
I've pretty much lived in this San Francisco, Daly City, South San Francisco area my whole life and now I am going away. Away from family, friends and work. Granted that it's really not that far away, but it still is sad for me. I'm not going to have my extended support system minutes away, now they will be a bridge away. I know its for the best and it's the best thing we are doing for our family. But it still sucks. 
Looking towards the move,  I am a bit concerned about Javi and Gabriel changing schools, making friends and adjusting to not seeing family as much as they did.

So, we closed on the house on 11/13/2020. We got the keys and told my family about it. It was a hard announcement since we will be moving away. So far we've painted the rooms and have moved several items over. We have worked on some things in the house and it is starting to take shape like we want it to. Today is 12/2/2020 and we are about 10 days out from moving. I want the moving part to be over, it is very stressful. We still have to come clean here. 

Today is 12/29/2020, we officially moved in on 12/12/2020 with the help of Arnel and Brian. It was a nice smooth move. The next day I went over to get the last of the things and have the hauling scheduled. We officially turned the keys over to the property manager on 12/19/2020. We have been here for about a little over 2 weeks and getting things in order. Had out first Christmas and in a few days our first new years celebration. 
The transition has been a bit easier than expected,  sure it sucks not having my family and friends a stones throw away, but we still visit and they can come over. 

So let's see where this new adventure takes us. It should.be a fun one.

No comments:

Post a Comment