Twitter

Follow EddieTheGiant25 on Twitter

Saturday, January 22, 2011

King of Pop

It's 11:43 pm on a Friday night, and I have decided to watch some of the first disc of Michael Jackson's Vision DVD set. Right now as I write Michael is beginning to sing 'Thriller', the memories that this brings to me are so much fun and really bring a smile to my face. I can't help but get a little emotional that MJ is gone. Although I never met the man, I feel a closeness to him that I don't know if I can truly make anyone understand.
Michael Jackson IS the soundtrack to my life, all it took was Thriller to get me hooked. Growing up my Mom would play the making of Thriller for me and I would stick to the television and watch it over and over again. I was and still am a big fan. I love all of his music, his dance moves, his videos, everything. Hold on a moment, he is about to do the zombie Thriller dance...
Ok, I'm back. So what does MJ mean to me, MJ brings me back to a much simpler time, a time where I was a kid growing up with my family, we were all still together. MJ signifies for me family unity, a time where we all enjoyed our company and we were close. His music takes me back to when I was younger, carefree and innocent and his dance moves; which I have tried to imitate numerous times still amaze me.
I remember the day that MJ passed away, I was waiting to get my hair cut at a barber shop and my friend Arnel called me to tell me that he was dead. It was unreal, I heard what he said, but I didn't want to comprehend it. I got my hair cut, listened to the barber (Sam) speak his opinions on him, but I was tuning him out. I didn't want to hear anything he or anyone had to say about MJ, I just wanted to remember him the way I did.
On the ride home, I remember listening to Billie Jean on the stereo, the part where he says "Mother always told me, be careful what you do, don't go around breakin' young girls hearts" I lost it. I cried a bit, because he was gone. I couldn't and didn't want to believe it. But I felt that MJ was closer to me at this point. There was something different about his music now, like it had a new life, I think his soul got interjected with his music and that he now lives deep within it. I remember getting home and now all of a sudden he was called by his name, Michael Jackson, not 'wacko Jacko' and all of these other hurtful things and it made me so upset that I refused to watch any television coverage.
I sat down and watched his videos, remembering the times that he had and remembering him having fun. It's funny, I mentioned before that my Mom would put on the making of Thriller and I would not move, now I play the video for my two nephews and they get stuck on it. It's been about a year and a half now since MJ passed and I still can't believe it.
When I heard about the Michael Jackson experience game was going to come out, I went out and I reserved it, I knew that I would love the game, just to be able to dance along with MJ, to his music and with friends and family, I knew it would be the greatest game ever. My niece and nephews love the game and we do play it, bringing MJ back to life by hearing his music and attempting to dance like him.
I still sometimes get sad when I think of MJ, all of the things he had to go through, the allegations, the tabloids, no privacy. That's why I still love to hear him, watch him and think of him. MJ passed away the day before I got married, I am still in shock over that. I never got a chance to see him dance and sing in person, I be if I did, it would have been everything I hoped it would be.
If I had a chance to speak to him, I would thank him for everything, the dancing, the music, the videos, all of the memories he gave me, I would ask him to teach me how to Moonwalk and I would tell him how much he means to me and that he was and is the soundtrack of my life. I will never get that chance, but somehow I know when I play his songs and sing along, that MJ is here with me and all of his fans and that somehow he knows how much he means to me.
Michael taught me that it doesn't matter if you're Black or White, he taught me how to be Bad, he made look at the Man in the Mirror, attempt to Heal the World and to take a moment to Remember the Time and how to be a Thriller. Michael gave me so many memories and I can't wait to share these great videos with my children and expose them to the greatest artist of all time.
Rest In Peace Michael Jackson... The one and only King Of Pop... Thank you for everything. Much Love, you will always live on in my heart, your videos and in your music.....

No comments:

Post a Comment