Twitter

Follow EddieTheGiant25 on Twitter

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Taurus...and my name is...wait..WTF?

So the other day I read in the news that there is a new astrological sign and that the signs that we thought were ours, may no longer be ours...This obviously causes a problem for many (myself included) because of tattoos that we have that represent the sign that we are used to, which would not be good. I also read that some folks are so distraught that they feel the need to remove their tattoos and put on their new sign... I don't know about that. To me it doesn't matter what they say about this 13th sign "Ophiuchus" being included, it is not going to change who you are or how you act. For instance my sign would change from "Taurus" (introverted sign) to "Aries" (extroverted sign). It doesn't mean that now I will be going out all the time and socializing every minute that I can... It's just not me. There are qualities and characteristics of a "Taurus" that I showcase and I am sure that other people feel the same with their signs. But as always in life, people will do what makes them happy and offers them a sense of security. My final thoughts on this is that we use the Tropical (western) Zodiac calendar, the one they are talking about seems to be on the Sidereal (Hindu) Zodiac calendar. I am a Taurus and I will always be a Taurus, next thing you know they are going to say that Pluto is no longer a planet, and say it's a Kuiper belt object...wait Pluto is not a planet...WTF?
On a side note, I can't wait to have the conversation with my children and Grandchildren when I tell them, when I was young we had 12 Zodiac signs and 9 Planets....what will they try to change next....
In case if you were curious here are the dates and signs....
13 sign Zodiac:
Capricorn
January 20 to February 16
Aquarius
February 16 to March 11
Pisces
March 11 to April 18.
Aries
April 18 to May 13
Taurus
May 13 to June 21.
Gemini
June 21 to July 20
Cancer
July 20 to August 10
Leo
August 10 to September 16
Virgo
September 16 to October 30
Libra
October 30 to November 23
Scorpio
November 23 to November 29
Ophiuchus
November 29 to December 17
Sagittarius
December 17 to January 20

12 sign Zodiac:
Aquarius
January 20-February 18
Pisces
February 19-March 20
Aries
March 21-April 19
Taurus
April 20-May 20
Gemini
May 21-June 20
Cancer
June 21-July 22
Leo
July 23-August 22
Virgo
August 23-September 22
Libra
September 23-October 22
Scorpio
October 23-November 21
Sagittarius
November 22-December 21
Capricorn
December 22-January 19

No comments:

Post a Comment