Twitter

Follow EddieTheGiant25 on Twitter

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy trails to you...until we meet again

Last night we took my Dad to the SFO airport. He had been here since November, he was now going back home to Nicaragua. I really enjoy the time that my Dad spends here with us, I really wish I could make it out there to Nicaragua more, but it's not exactly around the corner. I remember when my Dad made the decision to move permanently to his hometown of Jinotepe, it was a hard thing to comprehend and to understand. Some of the things that my Dad said out of frustration about wanting to leave and why he couldn't still ring in my ears and still hurt, but I understand that he didn't mean it. But when the day came that he was set to leave, I tried my hardest not to cry, but deep inside I knew that it was the end of the life that I knew. I have always been close to my Dad, I lived with him pretty much my whole life, and now not to have him there was a culture shock. I was worried about what he would be doing and if anyone would try to hurt or take advantage of him, but little by little I started to let those thoughts go and understood that he had to do what he felt would make him happy. It was just hard to swallow that being over there in Nicaragua without us (me especially) would make him happy.
   As the years went on and he visited us and we visited him, it became easier to deal with the whole situation. I still do get concerned over my Dads safety and I worry about people trying to take advantage of him. But there is little that I can do about that. So, the next time I see my Dad will be in July for my Church Wedding and after that we will see what happens. At least I am able to call him everyday to see how he is doing and what is new with him. For awhile I felt that my Dad was being selfish and abandoning us here to go live in Nicaragua, but upon further review, I was being selfish not letting him go and do whatever made him happy and he never abandoned us, he just gave us (especially me) the opportunity to try and do the same.
I love you Dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment