Twitter

Follow EddieTheGiant25 on Twitter

Friday, May 18, 2012

Most of May

So here we are in the middle part of May and what a great month it has been so far. Just a few things that happened during this crazy fun time period...
*May 1st we went to the first ever match up between the San Francisco Giants and the Miami Marlins, Cain was on the mound that day. I headed out after work and met my friend, nephew, brother and his friends for a pre game tailgate. We were pre-celebrating my brothers birthday. My friend and I went in around 6:30, I had to get a cotton candy for my wife and 'peanut', then we went up to our section in view reserve. The game went by real quick, Cain was dealing, but in the end it was a loss for the home town nine. My friend and I ran into a high school friend that we haven't seen in forever, it was nice to catch up for a bit.
*May 2nd is my brothers birthday, so my Mom and Step Dad came down and we had dinner at my sisters place. They bought a cake for us and sang us Happy Birthday. My wife and I got my brother a Giants and Denver Nuggets hat with a Nuggets jersey.
*May 4th we went to see my God daughter play with the band over at Jefferson High School. The performance was fun, the best part was when they had us go to the gym and they did the drum line performance of 'Angry Drums', a play on the game 'Angry Birds' it was really cool, my God daughter looked like she was having a blast, which is always good. After that we met up at Chevy's and had dinner.
*May 5th we headed out to Hayward to our Aunts house to watch the Cotto/Mayweather fight. We had some drinks and some carne asada. The night was fun, we also watched Kevin Hart : Laugh at my pain, still funny even after seeing it 3 times.. Alright, Alright, AAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLRRRIIIIIGGGHHHHHTTTT
My cousins even surprised me with a home made cake and cupcakes for my birthday! It was awesome!
*May 6th we headed out to my Moms house in Petaluma, small gathering to once again celebrate my brothers and my birthdays. We had some gallo pinto, carne asada, ribs and more cake!!!! The food was delicious and we had fun joking with each other.
*May 7th, is my actual birthday. I had to work on my birthday for the first time in 6 years... But it was good. My supervisor and the unit I am in had a surprise birthday breakfast for me. The food was delicious. We also had some ice cream later in the day. At night, we went out to have the annual tradition of a birthday burrito! It was my wife, my best friend and his fiance. I got some awesome gifts, I got a Giants shirt, money, a 2010 world series plaque featuring the 2010 World Series Champion Giants, a gift card, WM 28 and The Rock blu ray and finally I got Mario Party 9!!!!
*May 11th we went out with my wife, friends and cousins to Red Lobster. Had a few drinks and good food, then we saw the Avengers. I really liked the movie, it had good action, I also liked how the back stories are told in the individual movies that lead up to this one, so they didn't spend too much time on the back stories to drag it out even more. Also ScarJo was awesome!
*May 12th was Edwin appreciation night! We went to the Cheesecake factory for dinner. The food was delicious, the cheesecake was even better. I had a great time with my wife and friends. It was my first time eating there and I loved it!
*May 13th was Mother's day, we had a brunch at El Patio EspaƱol with our Moms and the food was really good. The atmosphere was great and we all had fun. I have always said that the idea of a 'Mother's day" was a bit odd to me, because I honestly feel that everyday is Mother's day because Mom's do alot every day and they don't get alot of credit most of the time, but what they do is awesome. Which is why I love my Mom and I tell her everyday! I also got my wife a "mother-to-be" card, she really loved it.
*May 15th was a really good day. We found out that "Peanut" is a healthy baby BOY!. I know that a lot of us were expecting a baby girl, but for my wife and I, we wanted a healthy baby and God has blessed us so far with a healthy good sized baby, or as my wife dreamt "A Big Baby!" The experience was amazing, seeing our child on that screen, with his hand waving again (very polite I tell you). I know we both can't wait to meet the newest San Francisco Giants and 49ers fan. So much to do for our child, ready to start this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment