Twitter

Follow EddieTheGiant25 on Twitter

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The rest of May

This post will be an up and down post. There were a few things that happened this last part of the month that were very positive and others that were emotionally draining. As a whole, the month of May was a good one. So, since I have a lot on my mind, I feel like I need to share.
Let's start with a birthday story. My friend Arnel was celebrating his birthday, his actual birthday is May 21st. But since it was on a Monday, his party was on May 19th. We got there around 8pm and as usual we had a good time. Arnel's family has a great warmth to them, they are all very caring and loving. You can feel that they are a tight group and support each other. They have always treated me like a part of their extended family and I truly appreciate it. I had some shots with the birthday boy and some food. We got him a Captain America shirt, an Avengers cup and a Tinker bell water bottle. We left his house around midnight.
On 5/23/2012 I went to go pick up my Dad at SFO. My Dad is in town for my nephews graduation from City College of San Francisco (CCSF) up until Father's Day. Plane was scheduled to land at 12:03am (5/24/2012) but he didn't get out until close to 1am. I went with my nephew to get him, I didn't get home until about 2am and had to get ready for work the next day.
On 5/25/2012 after work, my wife and I went to sign the lease to our new place. We inspected the place and asked the owner to fix a few things. We will officially get the keys on June 1st and start the cleaning process and moving process that weekend. Now that we are finally officially moving, my wife is getting a little sentimental about our time where we are at right now. Later at night we went out to eat at Sizzler's, boy was that an adventure, but it was family time, so it was a good time.
5/26/2012 it was a big day, it was my nephew's graduation from CCSF. He is class of 2012. The graduation was on the football field. It was a cold day, the sun decided to show up and gave us a little sun burn. My nephew had earned his Associates of Sciences Degree. He is doing mechanical work. The ceremony was good. Two out the three speeches were really good, the other one lagged a bit. It was a big moment for my nephew, my sister and the whole family. Weeks before this day my sister had a plan to throw him a surprise graduation party at a Pizza place on Mission st. My job was to get him there without knowing what was going on. I had settled with him that we would go out to eat to celebrate around 5pm. It would be my wife, Dad, him and his girlfriend going. I can tell that in the days leading up to it, he was getting upset because I was telling him that he would be driving to the pizza place and it didn't help that his mom (my sister) was telling him that they were leaving to LA after the graduation. When we got to the place, I let everyone off and found parking right in front, good thing I let them off before, because if they had come with me the surprise would have been ruined as I parked right at the window where they were waiting. I am not sure if he was surprised or not, we didn't get a chance to talk at the dinner. After they decided to go bowling, I did not attend, but it looked like they had fun.
5/27/2012 was a very heavy emotional day. My friend Brian's father passed away earlier this month. This day was the service for him. I only met Mr. Cheung one time and we hit it off right away. I could see that he was very passionate about the things he loved and that he was full of life. It was a touching ceremony and my wife and I knew that it was only a matter of time when we would choke up. See, I am very close to my Dad and I could not even imagine what my friend is going through, when he read a letter he wrote for his father, I felt a lump in my throat and began to cry. I really felt for my friend, everything was just so sudden, life as he knew it was gone. The service was very nice, they showed a video of Mr. Cheung dancing and it brought a warm laughter throughout the room. After the service there was a late lunch in his honor down on Clement st. We attended and paid our respects again. My thoughts and prayers continue to go out to the Cheung family.
5/28/2012 Went to wash early with my Dad and God daughter, dropped off a sample at Kaizer for my Dad and hung out for a bit. Finally washed my car and at around 3pm we went to my friend Amilcar and Olga's house for tacos! My cousins Oscar, Monica and soon to be God daughter Janessa came by and we hung out for a few hours. It was a great time, we had some beers. Oscar chickened out on a bet of who could last longer without drinking alcohol and Janessa had some lime. At night when we got home, my wife for coco krispy's so I had to go get them. After that I was tired went to bed and got ready for this week. June is right around the corner... Big month for us! Write to you soon! Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment