Twitter

Follow EddieTheGiant25 on Twitter

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Elimination Chamber

My nephew got me an early birthday gift, he got me a ticket to WWE's Elimination Chamber Pay Per View at the Oracle Arena in Oakland. We sat is "Club 200" with a good view of the action. This was my first WWE PPV, I had been to the SuperBrawl PPV put on by WCW many years ago. So, we knew that there were only going to be five matches, I had made my predictions the night before, I was pretty close, but here are my thoughts on the event.
Dark Match: United States Champion Daniel Bryan vs Ted Dibiase Jr with Maryse
Good standard opening match, I did not know it would be them in the dark match, but I tabbed Daniel to retain his title. Some good spots, although it seemed that Maryse was not interested in building heat with her character. But overall a good starting point to get the crowd going. Daniel Bryan retains the US title.
Lights go out, pyro comes on, music hits.. we have our first match..
Alberto Del Rio vs Kofi Kingston (IC Champion) non-title match..
Del Rio is over with heat. His announcer introduced him by saying "here comes a man who has more talent in his little finger, then those losers of the Oakland Raiders" which got good reaction from the crowd, we stood up and cheered. The match was good, a lot of near falls that got the crowd going, in the end like I predicted Del Rio won. the crowd was not too happy about that but hey, you already knew that.
Elimination Chamber for the World Heavyweight Championship..
Edge (champion) vs Drew McIntyre vs Kane vs Rey Misterio vs Wade Barret vs ????
I thought the mystery wrestler would be Christian, but it was the Big Show. Crazy spots in this chamber match, Rey Misterio put his body on the line, there were broken plexi glass and broken bodies everywhere. Favorite spot of the match was Misterio going head first into the turnbuckle area and then into the holding pod. The ending was good a spear in mid air. I predicted that Edge would retain and he did.The after math was Del Rio coming in and attacking Edge and then...Christian made the save; at least I got it right that he would be there. Edge spears Del Rio we move on.
Booker T comes out and introduces Trish Stratus as a trainer in Tough Enough.
Tag Team Title Match
Santino Marella and Vladimir Koslov (C) vs the Corre (Heath Slater and Justin Gabriel) with Ezekiel Jackson.
No one was into the match, except when Santino would be in. 450 Splash and 1-2-3 another correct prediction.
WWE Championship
The MIZ (C) vs Jerry "The King" Lawler
I thought that the King would win. It was a good match for them both. The King heavy with his thoughts about his Mother's recent passing, but knew the crowd was behind him. Chants of "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry" rang out through the crowd. But it was not in the cards as the MIZ hit the Skull Crushing Finale.
Vickie Guerrero comes out to beg for Dolph Zigler's job, you could barely hear her "excuse me" pleas. The crowd was not letting her talk. Teddy Long came out and reinstated Kelly Kelly, which lead to LayCool coming out and Trish coming in for the save and she did not hit her move, she was helped by the quick thinking Layla. Pretty much a waste segment.
#1 contender for WWE Championship Elimination Chamber
CM Punk vs Sheamus vs R-Truth vs John Morrison vs John Cena vs Randy Orton
This one was good, not as good as the first one. I picked John Morrison to win. He stole this match with his physical performance, but CM Punk was the MVP due to his heat. He got eliminated early but was reinstated by the RAW GM and it was great. They took numerous bumps and JOMO (John Morrison) climbed within the cage and dropped down on Sheamus. It was crazy, CM Punk looked like he got swiped by Wolverine. In the end, it was a let down to see JOMO eliminated, then SuperCena got the Attitude Adjustment on CM PUNK and it was over. John Cena goes to WrestleMania 27, another PPV with Cena fighting for the title.
Over all the show was a B-
I say that because I think that they should have taken time to elevate the newer talents into the spotlight. But as far as predictions go I got 5 out 7 things right. Technically I was right and wrong on Christian but still I knew he would be coming back. On now to the road to WrestleMania....

No comments:

Post a Comment