Twitter

Follow EddieTheGiant25 on Twitter

Thursday, August 25, 2011

More Randomness...(part 2)

OK, so for those of you who have been waiting (yes, all 1 of you...) here are more random thoughts about what is going on with what I am interested in...

-Now that the Church wedding is over and we are coming down for the high of the even and the honeymoon, we are looking for the right 'Thank you' cards and also the right pictures for our wedding album. We had decided on two pictures that we have printed and have framed to give to our parents. I gave my Mom hers yesterday and she really liked the frame and the picture. We are giving my mother-in-law her picture this weekend. I set up ours in our house and we will give one to my Dad when he gets here in November. I also need to print out a few more to give to our Aunts and Uncle who attended the wedding and ceremony. I also want to bring a nice one with a frame to work, I already have a picture of me and my wife up, but I think there should be anew one...

-The Bible.... So I got past the first book, then I hit a road block. The first road block was Chris Jericho's second book, then I just never picked up the Bible again, it was too ambitious for me to attempt to read the Bible in one year, I say that because I have very little extra time for reading and I like to read slow to get a better understanding of what has been written. I may read a few more books before the end of the year.. let's see where I end up..

-San Francisco Giants- right now the Giants are 2 games behind the D-Backs in the west. Considering that they have had most of their players out due to injury this season, I would call that pretty impressive. But what plagues the Giants is the inability to cash in with runners in scoring position. It's like the cave into the pressure and get over anxious and just swing at anything, usually resulting in an inning ending double play, Strike out or my favorite frustration a foul pop up. They still have great pitching, but the staff cannot be expected to go out and shut everyone out. The offense needs to score. The Giants still have some time left on the schedule and I know they will get it together and win the west. I hope it happens the night of Oktoberfest.....

-San Francisco 49ers- Pre-season football means nothing. Don't believe me, what was the Niners record last pre-season? go ahead and check, I'll wait.... that's right 4-0 and they did not have a good season. So when the Saints put a whoopin' on the Niners, I wasn't upset that they lost. I was upset by the lack of focus and play. It's the pre-season open it up! Throw the ball. Then last week they beat the Raiders... how did the fans respond to that? go ahead, look it up..I'll wait... That's right, by beating the hell out of each other. It is disheartening to hear what went down that day. Did anyone not lean from the Brian Stow incident in LA? It's just a game folks. It's not that serious. The players don't even care. Senseless violence at sporting events create an atmosphere where families are not going to attend. The experience at a game is to enjoy the game, have a hot dog, maybe one or two beers (depending on how big your paycheck is, beer is expensive..) cheering for your team and if they win...Cheer louder, if they lose...Show your pride and hold your head up. On that day it was 'I don't like ______' so I'll knock you out in the bathroom, or better idea let me shot you over something so small. Oh and you ladies, if I can even call you that, fighting in the parking lot? really? really? I bet you are a real catch. I don't care if it was a Niners 'fan' or a 'Raider' fan, this should not be happening. If you want to fight, sign up for the armed forces. Don't ruin the sporing games experience just because you're an A$$hole!

-What's next... my sister-in-law is having another boy!!!! Both my nephews celebrate birthday's in September, a baby shower for our cousin and a Giants game. Tomorrow my wife and I are going to see John Legend and Sade in concert and next week the circus comes to town. I think in the next few days I will write a post about Michael Jackson on what would have been his birthday and also reflect on the 10 year anniversary of the attacks on September 11th.

-So folks, that's it for another blog about my random thoughts.................... Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment