Twitter

Follow EddieTheGiant25 on Twitter

Thursday, August 25, 2011

I promise......

I was having a conversation with someone and they asked about the wedding. They asked me if we did the traditional vows or if we wrote our vows. I  told them that we used the traditional vows as me and my wife agreed it would be the best thing for the ceremony. So that got me thinking, what would have I write my wedding vows..
"As I take your hand, I promise to love you for the rest of my life.
I promise to support you, stand by you, be with you to make sure we are alright.
I promise to lift you up when you are down and help you soar when we leave the ground.
I promise to be faithful, respectful, true and above all of the I promise to always love you.
I promise to take care of you, to show you that you are my world
and cherish all of our moments.
As I take your hand in front of family, friends and God
I promise to always love you as your husband and best friend"

-I would have like to shared this with everyone if we would have elected to have this in our ceremony. But I am happy with knowing that I have every day of my life to making sure that I follow through with this. Who knows, maybe at our 25th or 50th anniversary, I may dust these words off and add a few more....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment