Twitter

Follow EddieTheGiant25 on Twitter

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Looking Back... (The Middle)

Now it's 7am and I get up. I let my nephew sleep a little bit. I get up to transfer money and pay bills. I know, a great way to start the morning. So I am waiting for my nephew Charles and Amilcar to get to my apartment as we were headed to Sam's Barber Shop in San Bruno. While we are on the way up there, I notice that there is a fire truck near the IHOP that we were going to eat at. But I really didn't pay any attention to it. We get to the barber shop and then they tell us. "Transformer blew out, no power until the afternoon" Obviously this would not be a good thing for us. I looked up to the heavens, called in a favor and boom, lights back on! I had my beard growing for close to 2 months and now it was going to be shaved down! Sam did a great job. My beard and cut were just the right length and size. Sam was the barber that cut my hair and shaved my beard for our civil ceremony. I knew I could count on him to make my beard look perfect.
After our hair cuts and shave we went to IHOP in Daly City. We had some breakfast, of course my cup of coffee had a crack in it. I told the guys to eat up as we would not be eating until around 7pm. We went back to the apartment. Lil Will was playing the Wii. Charles left to start getting ready, I had Lil Will take a shower, then I took a shower. Then we went to pick up the bouquet's and the flowers for the family. The flowers were ready and looked awesome. We went over to the Embassy Suites and Amilcar, Charles and Lil Will dropped them off to the girls. I took Charles home and Amilcar left and we all started to get ready.
At around 12:30 Charles showed up again, this time with his girlfriends father and the 65 Impala that would take us to the church. Before we left, Amilcar, Charles, Arnel and Brian took a shot of Flor De Cana for good luck. We were looking sharp and ready to go. As I said to Lil Will 'Do you know what time it is? It's go time!'
We get to the church and I begin to give the flowers out to my family and those who are involved in the ceremony. I took a lot of pictures with my Groomsmen and some family. After about half an hour or so, I was in the church with my Mom and Dave, one on each side and got the cue, and we were off. My Dad was waiting for us closer to the alter. Then I turned around and knew that Elmira and Amilcar would step it up and make sure things got done. As I saw each couple come out, Santi and Alexia, Lil Will, Arnel and Alina, Charles and Adri, Amilcar and Elmira, Olga, then Ulisa and her Mom.
My first thoughts when I saw Ulisa was, "WOW this is the moment that will live with me forever. This is the reason why we worked hard to make this event possible. Ulisa is my soul mate. This is going to be forever for us."
Everyone did a great job. It was a nice moment in time to share with our families and our friends who could make it. We took a lot of pictures after the ceremony and then we were off to the limo to go to the Palace of Fine Arts.
In the limo, we had some champagne and were listening to some music. The A/C seemed not to be working and the window wouldn't go up. We were cracking jokes and anticipating the picture taking. Everyone seemed a little exhausted, maybe because of the anticipation of the wedding ceremony. All I know is that I was wide awake and ready for these pictures and ready for the reception.
Finally we get to the Palace of Fine Arts and the door opens....

No comments:

Post a Comment